Happy New Year to my fellow GMC PCMA Chapter Members!
I hope this reaches you all healthy, happy and well-rested after the holidays! I want to start by thanking Molly Witges and all of our board members for getting us through a challenging 2021. Without Molly’s leadership and strategic vision, we would not be in the position we are in going into 2022. A special thank you to our outgoing board members, Mia Friel and Bob Kobosky. I wish you all the best and truly value the contributions you made to this chapter over the last two+ years. I would also be remiss if I didn’t take a moment to thank Jacky Meracle from PCMA HQ for her incredible work as our chapter administrator. Every one of us would truly be lost without Jacky!
The theme for the upcoming year is to do fewer things better. Ultimately, we want to get this chapter in a place where the engagements are valuable and the volunteer time and resources are well spent. The Professional Development Committee met last month and designed a calendar for 2022. We know the importance of our members being able to plan around our calendar so please register or save the date for these events:
January 9, 2022
Convening Leaders Chapter Reception
Otoro at the Mirage
4:30 – 6 pm PST
Generously sponsored by MGM Resorts International
February 17, 2022
Committee Meetings, Winter Education Program and Reception
Embassy Suites Chicago
2 – 5pm
Generously sponsored by Embassy Suites Chicago
March 16, 2022
12 – 2pm
Venue proposals/sponsorships welcome!
We intend to have monthly engagements so please stay tuned to the chapter calendar of events for up-to-date information.
The committees and chairs met during Holiday Showcase to strategize for 2022. We had Karen Calder join us to lead us through a conversation about how we view our work and reshaping our mind toward a path to success. We all walked out feeling energized, ready and confident for taking on the challenges that might be presented to us this year.
I want to share some of what the committees have already begun working on:
- One of the three pillars of our strategic plan is to weave Inclusion, Diversity and Equity into the culture of our chapter. The board decided that it was of utmost importance to make IDE a committee instead of a task force. We look forward to watching this group be brave and bold to continue the work into 2022 and beyond.
- You all answered the call! Volunteer applications and assignments have been made – if you haven’t yet signed up but would like to, please submit here
- The chapter engagement calendar has been designed and as mentioned, we intend to have monthly engagements and we will share more information as these events are more solidified.
- Sponsorship efforts are well underway. The team is working toward revamping the prospectus and offerings to create opportunities at a number of price points. Stay tuned for more updates!
- All of the committees are in the process of transitioning and will kick off their first in-person meetings at the February Education event.
I cannot tell you how proud I am to be the president of the best PCMA chapter in the world. Together we can make a difference in our industry but we have to do this together. We cannot bring this industry back without the volunteer time and dedication from all of you! If you haven’t signed up to volunteer, do it. If you have the ability to sponsor an engagement – either monetarily or in-kind, we could not appreciate that more. We need the help of our volunteers to get us back on our feet and to make GMC PCMA fun again! We’ve got this and I cannot wait to see all of the wonderful things we do…together!
Kristi Casale, CMP, DMCP
President of the Greater Midwest Chapter of PCMA, 2022
Vice President of Meetings and Continuing Education
American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry