Mentorship Program Guidelines
Commitment to the Program
- Assignments are made on a semester basis (i.e. Jan / Feb. – June and Aug. – Dec.) but there are opportunities to connect at any time depending on the interest and availability of mentors/mentees.
- All participants should discuss the expectation of privacy regarding their conversations.
- There will be a kick-off call for all mentors and mentees. This call will outline programming and suggested meeting times.
- It will be up to the mentor/mentee to determine the schedule that works best for them to connect.
- We encourage connection with your mentor/mentee once a month
Benefits of the Mentorship Program
- Mentee develops a personal relationship with an established industry professional.
- It is an easy way to develop a connection. Don’t live in same city? Don’t worry! Skype and Facetime are great ways to connect.
- Don’t let the time commitment scare you! It is manageable and flexible.
- Practice interview skills and techniques with your mentor who can give insight on interviews in the industry.
- The industry is all about connections and this is a great place to start if you are new to the industry.
- As a mentor, you might be paired with a student and use them as a resource to help you in regards to social media trends.
Don’t be shy, sign up and this could be a lifelong friendship and learning experience for both of you as you continue your paths in the industry