Under the bylaw change Membership Engagement has seen a re-vamp! We’ve taken the three committees previously focused on membership initiatives: Membership, Student Membership, and Membership Engagement outside of Chicago, and combined them all under one committee, Membership Engagement. Under the new structure of Membership Engagement we have three sub-committees. Please read below to find out some of initiatives planned for 2021. Our goal with this new approach to membership is to further the collaboration between these sub-committees and increase overall engagement within our chapter:
- Membership Engagement
- Led by Lindsay Williams
- Recognition is top of our list for 2021. We’re looking to increase chapter recognition for those members celebrating milestone anniversaries with GMC as well as those members with recently awarded designations.
- We’re bringing back the quarterly member spotlights, if you’re interested in being spotlighted or would like to nominate someone, please reach out to email@example.com
- We want to hear from our current members, look out for a six-month touch base from the committee.
- Emerging Leaders
- Led by Colleen Bingle
- Student Membership got a new name, we’ll be called the Emerging Leaders from now on. The name change was done to better represent those we connect with throughout the year. We want to be a resource for students, but also those starting in the industry or making a career change.
- The Mentorship Program has been revamped and has seen record numbers of applications.
- Planning for multiple virtual student days is underway, if you’re interested in being a panelist please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are working to engage new universities and create new GMC PCMA Student Chapters
- We’ll be collaborating with IAEE to engage more students in the Greater Midwest area.
- Regional Engagement
- Led By Wendy Freiwald-Kirkland
- We’ll be reaching out to our regional membership base on a personal basis.
- After the success of the Happy Hours amongst our regional members, we’ll be continuing to host regional virtual events and happy hours.
- We’d love to see our regional members take on positions in leadership, please reach out to email@example.com are interested!
If you have any ideas or suggestions, anything that you would like to see please don’t hesitate to reach out to Lindsay Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to a successful 2021 and a further improved sense of GMC Community with our new membership efforts!