- This event has passed.
Annual Business Meeting & Educational Program
Join us on November 8 for the GMC PCMA Annual Business Meeting and Educational Program at AMC Theaters in Downtown Chicago, followed by our fun-filled fundraising event, Bowl-a-Thon at Lucky Strike.
1:30 – 2:00pm Registration & Networking
2:00 – 2:30pm Annual Business Meeting
2:30 – 2:45pm Welcome/Chapter Updates
2:45 – 3:00pm Sponsor Presentation
3:00 – 4:15pm Educational Session
Change Your Mind, Change Your Health, Change Your Life
How often do you go to a meeting or conference and find yourself tossing your healthy routine out the window? Too much food, too much alcohol and not enough exercise or sleep magically becomes the norm at meetings. Making healthier choices on the road, particularly choosing to make time for exercise, mindfulness and healthier food choices can impact your productivity, your memory and your mood.
Fitness can be the catalyst for living your best life. The process of working hard to achieve goals can be a lesson in all areas of your life. When your body is in motion, your brain changes for the better. Mental health takes work – sometimes that work requires just putting one foot in front of the other.
This three-part session is geared toward meeting professionals (planners and suppliers) to help them adopt healthy behaviors at home and while traveling for work. Led by industry professionals with certifications in health and fitness, this program is taught from experience and with the audience in mind.
- Food is not just fuel – learn the impact on cognitive performance and emotional state
- Better choices lead to improved memory, enhanced mood and increased productivity
- Choose This, Not That – how to choose healthy options at home and on the road
- Priority, Preparation and Planning – No matter how busy you are, fit movement into your routine
- No Gym, No Weights, No Problem: how to stay fit while you travel
- What is mindfulness and how does it impact your wellness
- How to implement mindfulness and meditation into your daily activities at home or while you travel
Heidi Edinger Smith, Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Corporate Wellness Specialist
Kelly Snyder, CMP, Certified Institute of Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, NASM Certified Personal Trainer
This event is brought to you by: