Hello GMC! It is November, a month anticipated for many reasons but for us, it was to be the month we met in person again at the November 10th Quarterly Meeting. With a heavy heart, I am sharing the news the GMC Board of Directors made the decision yesterday to move this event to 100% virtual. It will be the same day and same time but from the comfort of your home.
We believe this is absolutely the right decision as cases are surging, restrictions are being tightened and we are seeing some members expressing concerns about meeting in person. We do believe in the value of face to face and will meet live soon but as a Board we felt it was the right decision for the Chapter, right now. There were several factors driving this decision including:
- We conducted a survey of those registered for the live experience and several were opting for virtual.
- Several of our partners and speakers were choosing the virtual option.
- Our host venues were laying out the red carpet for us and want maximum exposure for them and the time is not right now.
Given all these factors, we did not want to compromise the live event experience. We believe when the time is right, we will have an experience which will provide both quality education and demonstrate the right way to meet live. Our hope is for the Spring. As Molly and the 2021 Board of Directors ramp up please trust the goal is to meet live as soon as we are able.
If you registered for the in person event, you will be receiving a note give you the following options knowing the in-person meeting was $30:
- Switch to virtual with a $15 refund.
- Switch to virtual and donate the $15 to GMC as it has been a tough year financially.
- Switch to virtual and bring a friend. $15 for you and $15 for your friend.
- Cancel your registration completely and receive a refund of $30.
The November education program will still be fabulous with Tonya Almond giving us an update on Convening Leaders, the Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Taskforce providing continued insight and Heidi Smith talking about YOU taking care of YOU, focusing on personal wellbeing during the holidays and through COVID-19. As you know, personal well-being is a subject near and dear to my heart.
I, too, will share some resources from my role at Maritz covering industry wellbeing. Please join us; I know it will be great to see so many faces.
Thank you for your membership and your time as we weather this crazy storm together.
See you on November 10.
Maritz Global Events
2020 GMC Chapter President