2020 will be here before we know it. We select a new charity to support every two years. The Community Services Committee needs your help in selecting our charity for 2020 and 2021. Do you work with a charity that could benefit? Or have you heard of one that is doing some great stuff? We want to hear from you!
We realize that there are countless charities out there that could benefit from our chapter’s efforts. Please send us your suggestions. The following criteria should be considered when submitting your selection(s):
- Have a maximum annual operating budget of $1 million dollars.
- Have minimum charitable support and/or in need of funding.
- It should be a local organization, not a national organization such as the American Cancer Society.
- Organization (and staff) need to be accessible, openly receptive and engaged throughout the year with regards to communication, events, donation drives, etc. The goal is to have interactive events.
- They should be located in downtown Chicago or within a 15 mile vicinity for convenience in participation.
- They should be a neutral organization.
Submissions deadline is Friday, August 30. Please send an email to Shaun Pirrera at email@example.com. Your email should include the name of the charity you are nominating and their website. The Community Services committee will review all submissions and vote on what they feel is the best fit for the Chapter. The Board will have the final say on the selection.